Administrative Assistant to Executive Director
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing professional administrative support to the SLO Noor Executive Director to assure the office operates in an organized, efficient and professional manner. The Administrative Assistant provides necessary skills to work effectively with clinic management, staff, volunteers, donors, and Board, to accomplish the strategic goals of the foundation.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director to carry out the daily operations of the SLO Noor Foundation, provides detailed calendar management, office organization, and document management skills.
- Assists with executive correspondence, filing, and maintenance of organizational records in compliance with HIPAA Standards and SLO Noor policies.
- Handles all administrative details associated with the Board of Directors meetings and other Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Assists volunteer recruitment, management, tracking and training.
- Maintains volunteer database, volunteer files, special events for retention, acknowledgement, etc.
- Recognizes and develops outreach, PR, speaking engagements, and marketing opportunities. Performs outreach duties as needed.
- Assembles and distributes media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Assists with development, updates and distribution of marketing/communications materials. (i.e. individual and group blast e-mailing, social media, update website).
- Assists with fundraising and development activities, assist to identify and research individual, corporate and grant donor prospects. Assist with development of donor relationships; some grant writing, direct mail.
- Updates donor database, prepares donor acknowledgements and other correspondence, connects with donors when needed, and assists in donor events.
- Processes donations, prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, and assists with thank you telephone calls. Maintains foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Creates monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed; update database records, tracks tax credit donations in the database and sends appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Supports donor events: creating data guest lists, assist with invitations through e-invite, mail and phone calls, Make preparations for food and beverage and registration materials and other duties as assigned for donor events.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Supports and promotes the Mission & Goals of SLO Noor Foundation
- Demonstrates strict standards of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to understand or be trained on various software programs including MailChimp, Bloomerang Donor Base, Volgistics Volunteer Database, etc.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude who gets along with others, including Clinic staff, BOD, patients, volunteers, and community members.
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills,with great attention to detail
- Professional, personable & remains calm under pressure. Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Credibility and integrity; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
- Experience working Administrative Assistant role preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Dr. Consuelo Meux, Executive Director, 1428 Phillips Lane, Ste. B4, San Luis Obispo, Ca. 93401