The Cal Poly AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program (VIP) Fellows’ primary role is developing the volunteer program at SLO Noor Foundation. The position will increase the number of high-value (skilled and corporate) volunteers providing needed services to SLO Noor Foundation free clinic programs for uninsured adults who face economic hardship in the community. Will spend time in the community, building partnerships, and forging lasting relationships; will work with the SLO Noor Executive Director to assure the office operates in an organized, efficient and professional manner, providing necessary skills to work effectively with clinic management, staff, volunteers, donors, and Board, to accomplish the strategic goals of the foundation.
- Develop and implement a volunteer program that specifically engages high-value volunteers, particularly specialized/skilled volunteers.
- Develop business partnerships that provide material and volunteer support for the Partner Site.
- Recruit and train community members as volunteers who support the infrastructure of programs run by SLO Noor Foundation.
- Track volunteer program and infrastructure development at SLO Noor Foundation utilizing a defined AmeriCorps Member Work Plan.
- Serve side-by-side with volunteers to provide guidance, to better understand the clients’ needs, and to improve the volunteer experience.
- Participate in all program-required trainings and development opportunities including: orientation, regular meetings with your local VIP team, a minimum of 4 Days of Service with the cohort and any/all regional/state trainings and online trainings.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director to carry out the daily operations of the SLO Noor Foundation, provides detailed calendar management, office organization, and document management skills.
- Assists with executive correspondence, filing, and maintenance of organizational records in compliance with HIPAA Standards and SLO Noor policies.
- Handles all administrative details associated with the Board of Directors meetings and other Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Recognizes and develops outreach, PR, speaking engagements, and marketing opportunities. Performs outreach duties as needed.
- Assembles and distributes media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Assists with development, updates and distribution of marketing/communications materials. (i.e. individual and group blast e-mailing, social media, update website).
- Assists with fundraising and development activities, assist to identify and research individual, corporate and grant donor prospects. Assist with development of donor relationships; some grant writing, direct mail.
- Updates donor database, prepares donor acknowledgements and other correspondence, connects with donors when needed, and assists in donor events.
- Processes donations, prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, and assists with thank you telephone calls. Maintains foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Creates monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed; update database records, tracks tax credit donations in the database and sends appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Supports donor events: creating data guest lists, assist with invitations through e-invite, mail and phone calls, Make preparations for food and beverage and registration materials and other duties as assigned for donor events.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Supports and promotes the Mission & Goals of SLO Noor Foundation
- Demonstrates strict standards of confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to understand or be trained on various software programs including MailChimp, Bloomerang Donor Base, Volgistics Volunteer Database, etc.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude who gets along with others, including Clinic staff, BOD, patients, volunteers, and community members.
- Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills,with great attention to detail
- Professional, personable & remains calm under pressure. Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines
- Credibility and integrity; excellent problem-solving skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Non-profit experience preferred but not required
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
Position continues until August 31, 2017
Must meet AmeriCorps standards including background check
Send resume and cover letter explaining your experience related to the job description with two paragraphs on why you want to work with SLO Noor Foundation to: Dr. Consuelo Meux, Executive Director, 1428 Phillips Lane, Ste. B4, San Luis Obispo, Ca. 93401 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org