SLO Noor Foundation Satellite Clinic (Located in Paso Robles, CA.)
(One day per week – TBD)
Essential Role: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for patient care at the SLO Noor Foundation, Satellite Clinic located in Paso Robles, CA. The Satellite Clinic is open one day per week, located in Paso Robles, CA. for patients from North County of San Luis Obispo, CA.
Work Schedule: One full day weekly. Day to be determined. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
Nurse Practitioner Duties
Under the supervision of the SLO Noor Foundation Volunteer Medical Director and Executive Director, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) works within his/her established scope of practice to provide primary health care services to the adult population of SLO Noor Clinic at the Satellite Clinic location in Paso Robles, CA. The duties listed below presents various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
Performs physical exams, including obtaining detailed medical histories, using applicable clinical techniques and appropriate diagnostic tools; diagnose common acute and chronic illnesses and injuries and develop treatment plans based on an evaluation of a patient’s medical history, physical examination and test results; appropriately order, interpret and evaluate common laboratory and other standard diagnostic tests and procedures, willing to learn and use MD Rhythm EMR system.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols.
- Counsel’s patients on preventive care, and preventive and health maintenance services, perform minor surgery, be sensitive to diverse patient populations.
- Assist in expanding the scope of patient care.
- Maintains timely and complete documentation in patient records; maintains and respects the confidentiality of client information in accordance with state and federal law.
- Makes referrals to SLO Noor Foundation Clinics (medical, eye, dental), other collaborative providers or professional resources for follow–up care as appropriate.
- Orders outside lab tests judiciously with support of supervising MD.
- Assist with patient education pertaining to their ongoing health care such as with results of lab and x ray reports, diet and exercise, laboratory and radiology preparation.
- Provide appropriate follow-up of all labs, imaging, referrals, ongoing care, prescription refills, medications and applications from Alliance for Pharmaceutical Access (APA).
- Understand and assist with maintenance of OSHA standards and HIPAA Compliance.
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times, effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Experience in primary care services. Experience with EMR system preferred.
Thorough knowledge of medical theories, practices, and protocols pertaining to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
Must possess the abilities and clinical competence required to work independently as a licensed Nurse Practitioner in assigned areas of practice established by SLO Noor Foundation; demonstrate clinical competence in keeping current with developments in the medical field pertinent to the incumbent’s scope of practice; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other SLO Noor Clinic staff.
Must possess an academic degree or certificate from an approved college or university-based Nurse Practitioner medical training program. Possess and maintain a valid license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of California. If delegated authority to transmit medications, incumbents must possess and maintain a valid California transmitting number. In addition, incumbents who have been delegated the authority to transmit specific controlled substances must also possess and maintain a valid DEA number and certificate
Contact: Consuelo Meux, Ph.D., Executive Director, 805-548-0893 or send cover letter and CV to email@example.com, or Dr. Consuelo Meux, 1428 Phillips Lane, Ste. B4, San Luis Obispo, CA. 93401.